Friday, May 22, 2009

reflecting on my blog


Blogging. Well. If we are being brutally and completely honest, most of the time I felt like an absolute loser for having a blog and keeping up with it. Not that I'm saying that only losers have blogs. Just that me having one made me feel like a loser. At times I got really into it. I would keep up with the word count and even have extra posts. This was the worst. At one point I even started to talk about it in public. Bad. Bad. Bad. Again, no offence to those of you who enjoy blogging, it just isn't my "thing". Mostly I just wanted to have a bunch of followers so that other people would see that I had a lot of followers and follow my blog as well because they thought that it must have been good since I had so many followers. I don't think I said follow/followers enough in that last sentence. Followers. Follow. Followers. Anyway, overall I thought I did ok. At first I talked about boring things like books. But eventually I realized that if I didn't want to read about books someone else had read, nobody else probably did either. For a while I had no topic in general that I was writing about. Actually, until I was stuck under the "Pop Culture" category, I just wrote about anything I could think of that I thought I could say a lot about. Let me say though, having a somewhat specific thing to write about definitely helped me to come up with ideas of what to say. Even now I still have trouble filling the word count. Currently at 272. (*exasperated sigh*) As for the continuance of this blog, I think I can truthfully say that I will more than likely never visit it again. Maybe I will leave it up/out/not delete it and then revisit it next year to see how many people have looked at it/commented on it in my absence, most of them probably after clicking on that next blog thing, which is really kind of cool; plus, I had no idea that so many people around the world had blogs, I thought it was just an american thing. While I think that I would have preferred blogging to writing in journals it is hard to say without having done both. This just always seemed like the faster way to get it done. Not necessarily easier. But faster.

1 comment:

Hockey Flower said...

you should just add random funny stuff you find becuase you find tons